The only irreplaceable capital an organization possesses is the knowledge and ability of its people. The productivity of that capital depends on how effectively people share their competence with those who can use it. Andrew Carnegie
Chester (Chet) Q. Mosteller is the founder and President of Herbein | Mosteller HR Consulting. His well-balanced background in human resources is extensive, and includes consulting to a wide variety of organizations since 1994. He also has 18 years of prior HR management experience which included several years as the top HR executive at a premier national organization.
Chet’s career includes in-depth work in each of the major HR functions of compensation, benefits, training and staffing. He works very closely with Boards of Directors and executive management in a variety of business sectors. Chet conducts many projects for clients with a focus on compensation, executive compensation, succession planning and executive recruiting.
His compensation-related responsibilities include the design and development of salary administration programs; identifying marketplace competitiveness through the use of salary surveys and other sources; developing and administering incentive, bonus, commission and other salary deferral programs; and designing and delivering complete executive compensation program packages.
Chet’s benefits-related work includes the complete design and implementation of 401(k) plans as well as flexible benefits and managed health care programs.
His training experience includes the design and delivery of specialized training programs for all levels of employees in an organization. Chet also provides premier middle- and upper-management professional leadership programs.
Chet’s staffing expertise includes all levels of recruiting, with emphasis on technical and executive positions. Over the years, he’s mastered the methods that attract individuals who perfectly match an organization’s culture.
Chet has taught extensively as an adjunct faculty member and at numerous banking schools, including the American Banker’s Association’s nationwide Stonier Graduate School of Banking.
- Strategic Planning - Human Capital Deployment
- Compensation - Executive Compensation Design and Benchmarking
- Recruiting - Executive Search
Education & Certifications
- Lebanon Valley College (BA, Mathematics)
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) - International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans/Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists - Charter Member
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce - Family Business Alliance Group Leader
- Berks County SHRM (past President) Lebanon Valley College, Board Member