We value our long-term relationships and pride ourselves on fresh ideas, proactive advice and practical solutions.
Debbi S. Fetter CFIRS, CISA, CFSA, CRMA, CRCM, CCSA, CERP serves as a Partner of Herbein Risk Management, a division of Herbein + Company, Inc. Herbein Risk Management is focused on providing internal audit and other compliance services to banks and financial institutions.
As Partner, Debbi has overall responsibility for the management and coordination of the internal audit and compliance services performed for our financial institution clients. With over 18 years of financial institution experience, including several years as an auditor at Fulton Financial Corporation, Debbi’s experience provides a comprehensive foundation in all financial institution aspects, including regulatory compliance, operations, and financial management. In addition to serving the internal audit needs of community banks, Debbi’s experience also extends to fiduciary and investment management services, where she is a Certified Fiduciary and Investment Risk Management Specialist (formerly Certified Trust Auditor).
Debbi’s background includes a strong emphasis on risk and control-based auditing, where she is responsible for assessing the risks, identifying the related controls, and developing internal audit procedures to validate and test the control structure of all areas within financial institutions. She also has worked extensively with financial institutions in the implementation and documentation of the FDIC Improvement Act (FDICIA) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements.
Herbein Risk Management is a division of Herbein + Company, Inc., formed in 2013 when Financial Outsourcing Solutions (FOS) joined Herbein.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Accounting & Audit
Education & Certifications
- Elizabethtown College – Bachelor of Science degree, Accounting
- Certified Fiduciary & Investment Risk Specialist (CFIRS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA)
- Certified Enterprise Risk Professional (CERP)
- Association of Certified Anti – Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Fiduciary & Investment Risk Management Association (FIRMA)
- Information Systems and Control Association (ISACA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)