Tax regulations specific to cooperatives can be difficult to navigate – and there are constantly changing financial standards and regulations. At Herbein, we have decades of experience guiding cooperatives through these challenges.
We are viewed as a national thought leader in the cooperative sector, and our dedicated team is actively involved in several cooperative organizations including The National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC) and the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC).
Specific ways we have helped cooperatives include:
- Setting up a self-insurance captive entity among cooperative members to save significantly on insurance costs
- Advising on the capital structure of cooperatives
- Benchmarking projects
- Familiar with the cooperative IRS Subchapter T Cooperatives Tax Code
- Familiar with Section 199 treatment for cooperatives
- Assist with calculations of special equity distributions