The name on the front of the jersey represents who you play for, the name on the back of the jersey represents who raised you. Do them both justice.
David W. Stonesifer, CPA is the Managing Partner at Herbein + Company, Inc.
Dave began his career as an intern in the tax department with Herbein + Company in 1995, became the first intern to become a partner, and now serves as Managing Partner effective October 1, 2019. He was named partner in 2008, and throughout his tenure has served as the head of college recruitment, Interim Chief Operating Officer, and stints on the Executive Committee.
Dave worked with firm founder and renowned dairy expert Carl Herbein on projects for over twenty years and now serves as Partner-in-Charge of dairy and food processing industry services. In this role, he is responsible for leading all aspects of client service engagements including audits, cost analysis, cost benchmarking studies, various state regulatory ratemaking services, and other management advisory services to companies in these industries.
Dave feels strongly about serving our local community, having always actively pursued activities that would ultimately make him a better individual, both professionally and personally. From serving on the PA State Board of Accountancy, the board of Greater Reading Young Professionals (GRYP), and as President of the Reading Chapter of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), to serving on national committees for trade organizations, Dave has risen to meet every challenge.
Dave and his family enjoy traveling and have visited over 25 countries. They are always looking for their next great adventure together.
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Accounting & Audit
Education & Certifications
- Albright College – B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State of Arizona
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- Albright College Business Advisory Council – Member
- America Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Greater Reading Chamber Alliance –Board of Directors
- Greater Reading Young Professionals – Former Board of Directors
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC) - Member
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives, Capital Chapter (NSAC) – Member, Accounting and Auditing Committee – Past Member; National Technical Accounting and Tax Conference Planning Committee – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member; PICPA Committee for Accounting Awareness, Schools and Colleges – Past Member; PICPA Reading Chapter – Past President
- Pennsylvania State Board of Accountancy – Vice Chairman
- YMCA of Reading & Berks County – former Board member and finance committee member