You must do the things you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
Amanda D. Jackowski began her career as a Herbein tax department intern in January 2010 – and upon graduation from Kutztown University, she joined the firm’s audit department. Throughout her Herbein career, Amanda has worked with a variety of clients, primarily in the agribusiness space, including cooperatives, dairies, nonprofits, employee benefit plans, and manufacturing entities. She has gained substantial experience working with businesses at various stages of their growth strategy – and enjoys getting to know clients personally and strategically to help them achieve their business goals. Amanda leads audit teams for several of Herbein’s largest clients with revenues more than $1 billion.
Inside Herbein, Amanda is committed to coaching and mentoring young professionals at Herbein – and believes strongly that this instills important, lifelong values like teamwork, and dedication to excellence. She serves as the chair of the Reading, PA events committee, and is passionate about making the Herbein experience positive for team members to enjoy what they do and where they work, because it allows them to bring their best to our team, our clients, and our communities.
Amanda is equally committed to giving back to the accounting profession. As Herbein recruiting pipeline chair and the firm’s lead college recruiter in eastern PA, you can often find Amanda visiting local universities, representing, and coordinating the firm’s participation at various college campus networking events and job fairs.
In her spare time, Amanda enjoys cooking for friends and family, and relaxes with a good book. She is also an avid fan of OTF, a good thriller, and her two tuxedo cats.
- Employee Benefit Plan Auditing
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Accounting & Audit
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Kutztown University - B.S.B.A. Concentration in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Allinial Global – Member
- Kutztown University Accounting Advisory Board – Member
- Safe Berks (formerly Berks Women in Crisis) – President of Board of Directors / also a member of the finance committee and executive committee and once her presidency ends in September 2022, she will remain as a member of these committees.