Stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone.
Marybeth C. Olree, CPA is a Partner in the Accounting and Auditing services group at Herbein + Company, Inc. Marybeth joined the firm in 2012 and works on Herbein’s dedicated nonprofit team providing compliance, audit, and advisory services. Marybeth oversees many of Herbein’s nonprofit clients, the conduction of financial statement audits, and single audits. Marybeth is Herbein’s lead in regard to the technical guidance affecting nonprofit organizations under US GAAP guidance.
“I truly enjoy working closely with nonprofit organizations throughout our community, that are committed to making a difference every day.”
Internally, she serves on the firm Accounting and Auditing Technical Committee, which stays up-to-date on technical issues and pronouncements specific to practice areas that impact our clients and employee education. She also serves on the Herbein Hero Committee, and is a frequent instructor for client seminars and in-house training programs.
Marybeth is Co-chair of HWomen RISE – a key committee of Horizon, Herbein's diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative. HWomen RISE focuses on the recruitment, retention, and productivity of women by providing team members with the support, tools, and resources to help them succeed.
Marybeth graduated from Villanova University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting and a minor in Management Information Systems. She serves on the Pennsylvania Institute of Public Accountants' (PICPA) Not-for-Profit Committee, Not-for-Profit Technical Issues Subcommittee, and Not-for-Profit conference planning committee. She was also a recipient of the 2016 PICPA Young Leader Award, this award recognizes members under the age of 40 who demonstrate their commitment to the accounting profession through active PICPA or community volunteer efforts.
Marybeth is a strong believer in the importance of community service, and volunteers for multiple local nonprofit organizations. She serves as the Board Treasurer for Laney's Legacy of Hope and is also an active member of the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce Women2Women Organization.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Andrew and their two children, A.J. and Scarlett, traveling, sports, and running.
- Nonprofit & Government
- Accounting & Audit
- Audit Approach
Education & Certifications
- Villanova University – B.S. Accountancy; Minor in Management Information Systems
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Family Promise of Berks County – Board Member, Finance Committee
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce Women2Women Organization – Member
- Herbein Horizon – Committee member
- Herbein Mosaic – Committee member
- Laney's Legacy of Hope - Board Treasurer
- Lehigh Valley Business – 2022 LVB Women of Influence
- Pennsylvania CPA Foundation – Board Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member; PICPA Nonprofit Committee – Member; PICPA Nonprofit Technical Issues Subcommittee – Member; PICPA Nonprofit Conference Planning Committee – Member; 2016 PICPA Young Leader Award Recipient
- Volunteer Coach - Youth Basketball & Volleyball