Great vision without great people is irrelevant. Jim Collins, Good to Great
Melissa A. Rebholz, SPHR, SHRM-SCP leads the Human Resources Department at Herbein + Company, Inc. At Herbein, Melissa oversees of a variety of things including employee relations, talent acquisition, change management, training and development, performance management, benefits administration, employee and labor policies. Melissa’s passion is simple: she strives to provide HR solutions through technology, compliance, culture and people.
With over 22 years of HR experience, Melissa believes that mentoring others is a crucial aspect of any leader or organization. She feels strongly about the importance of setting goals for professional and personal development, and strives to be leader who impacts and helps to create a positive work environment where employees have every opportunity to thrive.
Melissa is a proud Reading High School graduate and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The Pennsylvania State University. She is also certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR, SHRM-SCP). Melissa is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) both on the national and local level. She is a member of NACE (the National Association of Colleges and Employers) and she is active in the Women2Women group within the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance. As a Berks county native, she enjoys volunteering to give back to the local community in programs such as Junior Achievement’s Career Readiness program and the Career Ready Berks Pathway Advisory Panel led by BCIU.
Outside of Herbein, Melissa enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and watching Penn State football.
- Benefits Administration
- Change Management
- Employee Relations
- HR Best Practices
- HR Policy, Process & Systems
- Performance Management
- Staff Coaching & Mentoring
- Talent Acquisition
- Workforce Planning & Development
Education & Certifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), 2015 – present
- Senior Certified Professional, Society of HR Management (SHRM-SCP), 2017 – present
- Strategic Talent Acquisition Certification, Human Capital Institute (STA), 2017
- The Pennsylvania State University – B.A. Political Science
- National Association of Colleges and Employers - Member
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) - Member
- Women2Women - Member