The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it. Mal Pancoast
Ken has nearly forty years of diversified public accounting experience. His background includes two years with a "Big 8" accounting firm and time spent with a large regional CPA firm prior to joining Gable, Peritz, Mishkin & Co. in 1989, then merging into Herbein + Company, Inc. in 2018.
A member of the American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants, he has extensive experience in accounting for wholesale and retail businesses, real estate entities, construction companies, health care professionals, and qualified retirement plans. He has provided consulting and has been involved in the organization and start up of many tax-driven syndications and operating businesses, in every stage from forecast through the operational phases of the entity. He has also serviced several companies involved in and emerging from bankruptcy, and has participated in several litigation support engagements. His background not only provides him with solid accounting credentials, but also provides him with a tax and business sense which is very much needed in dealing with privately held companies. Ken specializes in business consultation services for closely held companies, start-up ventures and franchise entities.
Ken has conducted seminars and spoken to various groups, covering a broad range of topics including real estate, management advisory services, business start-ups, pension and profit sharing plans, and accounting for construction companies. He is actively involved in various networking organizations as well as local religious and charitable organizations, and has participated in various fund raising activities for The Eileen Stein Jacoby Foundation for Breast Cancer Research, The Familial Dysautonomia Society, The American Heart Association, the Spina Bifida Association of the Delaware Valley and Mountain Region, and various religious and social organizations.
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Real Estate
- Business Start-Up
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania State University - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Emphasis in Accounting), minor in Economics
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Old York Road Temple - Beth Am, Lifetime Member of Board of Directors, Capital Campaign 2003-2006, Treasurer 2005-2009, Executive Vice President 2009-2011, President 2011-2013
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Spina Bifida Association (Mountain Region)