Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right! Henry FordLouis (Lou) Palladino joined Herbein in 2023.
With over 40 years’ experience, Lou is our firm’s State and Local Tax Director.
Lou is a highly skilled and experienced state and local tax leader who leverages his unique combination of expertise as a certified public accountant (CPA), chartered financial analyst (CFA), and MBA in taxation. These skills, coupled with related hands-on experience in finance involving a wide range of transactions/structures, as well as extensive federal tax experience, enable Lou to approach matters from an analytical and strategic perspective. Additionally, through his dedication to obtaining an in-depth understanding of issues, Lou excels at concisely communicating complex tax matters, both verbally and in writing to stakeholders, clients, and colleagues. This focus ultimately enhances and optimizes results for clients.
Lou provides broad-ranging state and local tax advice, guidance and insight to clients and colleagues. Through decades of experience, including as head of state and local tax for 24 years at a leading multinational financial services company, where he oversaw income, sales and use, franchise, excise, property and other SALT tax issues, Lou understands the goals and priorities of businesses and tax authorities. Lou uses this knowledge to help clients and colleagues make effective tax compliance and planning decisions as well as to resolve tax disputes. Prior to joining Herbein, Lou was a managing director in the state and local tax practice of a large international accounting firm.
Outside work, Lou enjoys playing tennis and spending time with his family, including fun adventures with his grandchildren.
- State and local income/franchise taxes
- State and local indirect taxes, including gross receipts type as well as sales and use tax
- State and local credits and incentives
- State and local tax impacts on financial transactions and structures
- State and local tax due diligence
- State and local tax legislative, regulatory, administrative, and policy developments
Education & Certifications
- Baruch College – Master of Business Administration, MBA – Taxation
- Wagner College - B.A. in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), New Jersey and New York
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- CFA Institute – Member
- Wall Street Tax Association - Member