Whether you think you can or think you can’t… you’re right. Henry Ford
Karen DiGioia joined the firm in January 2005. As a Vice President and Senior HR Consultant with the firm, she partners with clients in a wide variety of human resources areas including:
- Executive compensation
- Creation and implementation of base compensation structures that are market-competitive, organizationally sound, and internally equitable
- Salary administration
- Incentive compensation plan development and implementation
- Organizational restructuring
- Performance management
Prior to her time with Herbein HR Consulting, Karen had over 20 years of human resources experience, most recently as the Human Resource Manager at a premier regional bank. While much of Karen’s experience was in the financial services industry, she began her career in the tech industry and also worked for a durable medical goods provider. During those 20 years, Karen developed a strong base across the full scope of human resources including employment/staffing, employee relations, salary administration, payroll and HRIS management, and Human Resources compliance, including EEO and AAP. Karen’s broad background ensures that she approaches every project and client with a holistic view of the impact on the overall relationship between employers and their employees.
Karen works extensively with senior executives and Boards of Directors on executive compensation design, structure, and competitive solutions. She works with clients to develop and implement compensation structures and programs which maximize the organization’s ability to attract, motivate, and retain talent. Karen has educated, counseled, and trained managers and employees in all aspects of human resources including compliance and employee relations.
In her spare time, Karen enjoys spending time with her husband, two adult children, pet Havanese, and friends. She has visited 39 National Parks (so far) and enjoys travel, music, cooking, and reading.
Herbein HR Consulting is a division of Herbein + Company, Inc., formed in 2021 when Mosteller & Associates joined Herbein.
- Compensation – Executive Compensation Design and Benchmarking
- Compensation – Base and Incentive Plan Design and Benchmarking
- Organizational Development – Performance Management and Employee Engagement
Education & Certifications
- The Pennsylvania State University (BA, General Arts and Sciences)
- National Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) - Member