Staying at the forefront of technology allows us to provide exceptional client service.
James A. Michalak, CPA, CITP joined Herbein in 2002 as a Manager in the Accounting & Auditing Department. He is a Partner and serves as the firm's first Chief Information & Digital Officer.
Jim has over 35 years of experience servicing manufacturing and distribution companies, financial institutions (in areas such as audit, internal audit, asset based lending field exams) and employee benefit plan audits.
As chair of Herbein’s Internal Technology committee, Jim is responsible for ensuring the firm remains on the cutting edge in providing effective solutions to current clients.
Jim is a technology buff and Penn State fan.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Accounting & Audit
- Asset Based Field Exams
- Employee Benefit Plan Auditing
Education & Certifications
- Alvernia College – B.S. degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Allinial Global – Firm Member and Speaker
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- PICPA – Member of the Employee Benefit Plan Committee and Conference Subcommittee
- Exeter Little League – Board member and treasurer
- IMA Reading Chapter – Board member, treasurer, director of the web site, and past president
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) – Member
- Mid-Atlantic Council of the IMA – Past board member and regional director
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Reading Musical Foundation – Past board member and treasurer
- YMCA of Reading & Berks County – Board member and treasurer