When our clients succeed, we succeed.
Michael J. Malinsky, CPA, CGMA is a Senior Manager focused on leveraging more than 30 years of accounting and auditing experience for clients.
His client service expertise centers on for-profit entities, assisting with audit compliance, special consulting needs, and in a variety of other areas.
Michael takes great pride in building long-term relationships with his clients and serving as a valued member of their advisory team. He is a key contributor to our revenue recognition and lease accounting service offerings, working with colleagues to educate our team and clients about compliance with the recently effective ASC 606 and 842 standards. He is also a member of our Credit Losses team, which is effective for years ending after December 15, 2022, and will change the methodology for measuring estimated credit losses.
Inside Herbein, Michael is a dedicated member of our technology committee, and actively participates in our regional recruiting efforts.
Mike enjoys DIY projects, cooking, and English Premier League Soccer as a Manchester City supporter.
- Accounting & Audit
- Affordable Housing
- Manufacturing & Distribution
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Penn State Erie – The Behrend College B.S. in Accounting
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Past President – Pittsburgh Chapter
- Past Co-Chair, Relations with Schools and Colleges Committee – Pittsburgh Chapter