Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.
David Smith joined Herbein as a senior consultant in 2023, after Creese, Smith, Hune & Co. LLC, joined forces with our firm.
With 39 years of public accounting experience, Dave’s primary focus is the taxation of closely held businesses and individuals. He also assists clients with estate, gift, trust, and foreign tax services as well as business valuation work.
Dave has presented to various professional organizations on taxation matters and has several published articles in trade magazines. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) and has served on the PICPA’s taxation committee.
Dave’s favorite activities outside work are downhill skiing out west, golfing, and spending time with his children and grandchildren – which also includes going to trampoline parks with the grandkids.
- Closely held businesses and individuals
- Estate, gift, trust, and international tax issues
- Tax planning
- Business valuations
Education & Certifications
- University of Pittsburgh – Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Science
- University of Pittsburgh – Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member