The opportunity to develop close, personal relationships with clients and other professionals is the most rewarding aspect of my career and continues to make me a better person.
Craig A. Mengel, CPA is a Partner in Herbein’s small business department and is responsible for overseeing client relationships consisting of small to mid-size businesses and business owners. Craig specializes in working with owners of privately-held businesses. Coordinating the accounting, tax, and business consulting needs of clients is a significant focus for Craig who enjoys the challenge.
“The opportunity to develop close, personal relationships with clients and other professionals is the most rewarding aspect of my professional career.”
Craig manages all aspects of client relationships including financial statement preparation, tax compliance and planning as well as business advisory services. He has an emphasis in construction, manufacturing and distribution, and business services including various professional services industries. His background enables him to understand the financial and tax issues facing business owners and to provide the counsel and resources necessary to help develop beneficial solutions.
A graduate of Albright College, Craig is also a graduate of Leadership Berks and serves in financial volunteer roles at Alsace Lutheran Church and Opportunity House. Craig enjoys spending quality time, especially on family vacations, with his wife, Sherri, and their two sons, Colin and Cameron. He also relaxes by watching professional and collegiate sports as well as playing golf and tennis.
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Business Start-Up
- Small Business
- Tax Planning
Education & Certifications
- Albright College – B.A. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- Alsace Lutheran Church – Financial Secretary (2004 – Present)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Opportunity House Finance Committee – Member (April 2005 – Present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member; PICPA Professional Ethics Committee – member (three year term ending May 31, 2016); PICPA Reading Chapter – Executive Committee member (Immediate Past President)
- United Way of Berks County – Allocations Team Member (2002 – Present)