"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." — Winston S. Churchill
Keith R. Hoffman, CPA, CDFA is a Partner at Herbein + Company, Inc. in our small business department and joined Herbein in 2000. Keith is responsible for overseeing family and closely held business clients and specializes in consulting services for clients in various industries including construction, real estate, hospitality and lodging, franchise, and individual taxpayers.
Keith enjoys being able to work with clients every step of the way and in all aspects of their business ranging from startups, loan determination and recommendations, introductions to other professional service contacts, year-end financial statement prep, tax return prep, everyday business recommendations, to being able to transfer or sell the business to allow a successful career completion for all parties involved.
“I am passionate about building client relationships; there are clients that I have started my career with, and grown with as their business grows, as they become owners, work through business decisions, and then assist with the succession planning."
Keith is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA designation issued by the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts). As a CDFA, Keith is trained to provide financial information and assistance to people in divorce to include evaluating the tax implications of dividing property and the settlement options for dividing pensions, marital property, and awarding of child and spousal support. Keith also has access to specialized software to develop informational reports to better communicate the financial information to the divorcing couples, attorneys, courts, and mediators.
Keith was the first representative from Pennsylvania to be nominated and graduate from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Leadership Academy in 2011, an intensive program designed to develop the skills necessary to become the next generation of leaders.
Keith travels to both the Greater Reading area as well as the Lehigh Valley area to service clients, and now primarily works out of our Allentown, PA office. He also graduated from Leadership Berks, a community program designed to identify emerging and current leaders in the Greater Reading area. In his free time, Keith enjoys golfing and spending time with his wife Merna, and children, Mason and Liam.
FUN FACT: Keith loves playing Trivial Pursuit
- Hospitality and Lodging
- Real Estate
- Business Start-Up
- Small Business
- Tax Planning
Education & Certifications
- Shippensburg University – B.S. in Business Administration – Accounting (2000)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA)
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Greater Reading Young Professionals – Member
- Junior Achievement Classroom Educator – Past Volunteer
- Leadership Berks (Class of 2009) – Graduate
- Opportunity House – Past Finance Committee Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member;
- Federal Taxation Committee – Past Member
- Reading Chapter PICPA – Past President
- PICPA 40 under 40 Members to Watch – 2008 + 2009 – Recipient
- PICPA Reading Chapter Volunteer Service Award 2011
- Victory House of Lehigh Valley - Board Member and Treasurer