Watch your thoughts, they become words; Watch your words, they become actions; Watch your actions, they become habits; Watch your habits, they become character; Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
Scott Smith is a seasoned human resource professional with more than 20 years of experience across multiple HR functions. Prior to joining Herbein HR Consulting in 2018, he was Vice President of Human Resources at a private equity-owned manufacturing and distribution company. Scott spent 20 years in executive leadership roles with three manufacturing companies that ranged in size from 250 to 2,000 employees. He has led all aspects of the HR function at each company. As a business leader and advisor, Scott helped the management teams of these companies fuel growth by leveraging strategic clarity, team health, people, processes, and culture. Before transitioning to HR, he spent 12 years in retail operations with P&L accountability.
Scott was a member of Vistage International from 2010 to 2018, learning and applying best practices in a wide variety of functional disciplines and businesses. Since 2020, he has been a member of The High Center and a served both as a presenter and a peer group facilitator. Scott is also SHRM-SCP certified as a Sr. HR Professional.
Scott enjoys cycling, walking, golfing, and family.
Herbein HR Consulting is a division of Herbein + Company, Inc., formed in 2021 when Mosteller & Associates joined Herbein.
- Strategic Planning - Vision building and Strategic Execution
- Organizational Development - Organizational Design, Culture, and Leadership
- Talent Acquisition – Executive Search and Talent Acquisition Strategies
Education & Certifications
- Pennsylvania State University (BS, Marketing and minor in Economics)
- Manufacturing Leadership Institute - Graduate
- Society for Human Resource Management, SHRM-SCP
- Society for Human Resource Management - Berks County PA Chapter - Member
- The High Center - Peer Group Facilitator & Presenter
- Reading Science Center – Board Member