Transformation is a process, not an event. John KotterRachel Bashore joined Herbein in 2023 as Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives.
Rachel’s broad portfolio of responsibilities centers on collaborating with department heads and Herbein Suite leaders on streamlining firmwide strategies and processes. As an attorney, she serves as Herbein’s in-house legal counsel, providing important oversight of our M&A strategic execution.
An operations leader with a record of creating sustainable growth through her focus on innovation and efficiency, Rachel excels in the areas of manager and team development, product design, and implementing strategic initiatives. She is driven by a natural curiosity and persistence in finding solutions in challenging situations, and draws on her background in process, technology, law, and consulting to help her teammates clarify desired outcomes, achieve buy-in from stakeholders, and forge effective paths forward.
Prior to joining Herbein, Rachel served as chief operating officer of a hybrid RIA and platform for financial advisors and insurance agents, where she oversaw day-to-day operations and implemented new services, products, and technology-enabled tools. Earlier in her career, Rachel served as a key partner in fintech white-label product development and risk management, was the chief operating officer of a community bank, and practiced law with a focus on corporate matters and litigation. She also served as an adjunct professor of business law at Alvernia University.
Outside work, Rachel is a visual artist, writer, musician, and foodie, at least when she’s not running her two children to school and sports in partnership with her husband. She also enjoys gardening, reading, and spending time with her family along with their miniature Schnauzer and turtle.
- Growth, innovation, and efficiency
- Manager and team development
- Product design and implementation
- Strategic planning
- Legal advice
- Program management
- Cross-functional team leadership
Education & Certifications
- Drexel University (Design & Merchandising), B.S.
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D., law (cum laude)
- Woolsack Honor Society - Inductee
- Pennsylvania State University Law Review – Senior Editor
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, U.S. (CIPP/US) (2013-2023)
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court and United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania – Admitted to practice
- Berks County Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- Berks Economic Partnership Board of Directors - Past Member
- Greater Reading Young Professionals - Past President, Member