Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Invite one to stay. Maya Angelou
Megan N. Thompson, CPA began her accounting career with Herbein in 2009, focusing mainly on government clients. Megan is now a Senior Manager in the Accounting and Audit Department, specializing in the government industry, working with municipality and school district clients. By focusing on clients who are subject to standards from the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Megan is able to assist with implementation of new standards and provide consultation on efficiencies and best practices. As a senior manager, Megan is responsible for all aspects of the engagement, including planning, preparation, and review of audit procedures, and financial statements.
Megan is a member of the American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants. She participates in the PICPA Schools and Colleges Thought Leadership Committee, and serves as a judge for the Foundation’s High School Scholarship Committee. Megan is also the past chair of the Reading Chapter Schools and Colleges Committee. Megan enjoys presenting at various internal trainings within the firm as well as external webinars for clients, specifically geared towards updates and changes to standards related to governmental accounting. Megan is the chair of the A&A Advisory Committee at Herbein.
Outside of work, Megan is actively involved in the children’s programs at her church, and she has two young boys who keep her busy.
- Nonprofit & Government
- Accounting & Audit
- Audit Approach
Education & Certifications
- Susquehanna University – B.S. Degree in Accounting and B.A. Degree in Economics
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – High School Scholarship Committee Member
- PICPA – Schools and Colleges Thought Leadership Committee Member
- Past Chair of the Reading Chapter, Schools and Colleges Committee
- PICPA “40 Under 40 – Members to Watch” – Fall 2012
- Mainspring of Ephrata - Board of Directors
- Junior Achievement - volunteer
- Lehigh Valley Business Forty Under 40 – 2023