Craig A. Mengel
“The opportunity to develop close, personal relationships with clients and other professionals is the most rewarding aspect of my career and continues to make me a better person.”
Craig A. Mengel, CPA is a Senior Manager in Herbein’s small business department and is responsible for overseeing client relationships consisting of small to mid-size businesses and business owners.
Craig’s 29 years of experience includes financial statement preparation, tax compliance and planning as well as business advisory services. He has an emphasis in serving client’s in the construction, manufacturing and distribution, and professional services industries. His background enables him to understand the financial and tax issues of business owners and to provide the resources necessary to help solve them.
Education and Certifications
- Albright College – B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – (CPA) Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Leadership Berks Graduate (2005)
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- Alsace Lutheran Church – Financial Secretary (2004 – Present)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Opportunity House Finance Committee – Member (April 2005 – Present)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member; PICPA Professional Ethics Committee – member (three year term ending May 31, 2016); PICPA Reading Chapter – Executive Committee member (Immediate Past President)
- United Way of Berks County – Allocations Team Member (2002 – Present)
Craig enjoys spending quality time, especially on family vacations, with his wife, Sherri, and their two sons, Colin and Cameron. He also relaxes by watching professional and college sports as well as playing golf and tennis.