Linda S. Himeback
There is great satisfaction in helping clients improve their operations – in the government and nonprofit sectors, helping clients benefits the entire community.
Linda S. Himeback, CPA joined Herbein in 1985. She is the partner in charge of the government and nonprofit practice at Herbein + Company, Inc. Linda has been dedicated to auditing nonprofit organizations and government entities for over twenty years. She is involved with all government and nonprofit jobs performed by our office requiring a Single Audit Act report.
Linda is a frequent speaker for various government and nonprofit programs for the AICPA, PICPA, PASBO, and numerous local entities, and she develops and presents in-house courses on various government and nonprofit accounting and auditing issues. Linda was a member of the Governmental Technical Standards Subcommittee which reviews completed engagements (audits) nationwide for compliance with GASB and Agency Audit guidelines (equivalent to reviews done for GFOA Certificate).
Education and Certifications
- Lebanon Valley College – B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- AICPA Certificate of Educational Achievement in Government Accounting and Auditing
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- AICPA Governmental Technical Standards Subcommittee – Former Member
- Berks Women in Crisis – Former Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Government Finance Officers Association – Member
- Government Technical Standards Subcommittee – Former Member
- Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials (PASBO) – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member; PICPA Committee on Local Governments – Member and Former Chairperson; PICPA Committee on School Districts – Member; PICPA Committee of Non–Profit Organizations – Former Member; PICPA, Reading Chapter’s Accounting and Auditing Procedures Committee – Member; PICPA, Reading Chapter’s Committee on Relations with City and Local Governments – Member
If not for accounting, Linda would have been a concert pianist.
- All kinds of music, from the Eagles to rap
Best things about Herbein
It’s a great family atmosphere, and everyone is encouraged to pursue their interests and strengths.