Herbein + Company, Inc. has significant experience working with cooperatives. Due to constantly changing financial standards and regulations, we feel that cooperatives need a specialist as a service provider and business partner. We strive to be that organization.
Specific ways we have helped cooperatives include:
- Setting up a self-insurance captive entity among cooperative members to save significantly on insurance costs
- Advising on the capital structure of cooperatives
- Benchmarking projects
- Familiar with the cooperative IRS Subchapter T
- Familiar with Section 199 treatment for cooperatives
- Assist with calculations of special equity distributions
Our dedicated team of professionals are involved in several organizations related to the cooperative industry including: The National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC) and the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC). They regularly attend national and regional meetings for both to maintain our knowledge on current issues. Through these organizations, Herbein is positioned as one of the thought leaders in the industry on a national level.