TAX & ACCOUNTING UPDATE
OCTBER 3, 2018
Join Herbein + Company, Inc., for a Tax and Accounting Seminar as we cover the Tax Reform update, and new Revenue Recognition standards. The day includes two separate updates as well as lunch and cocktail hour. As part of your registration you will be asked to select which sessions you will attend. REGISTER TODAY.
CORPORATE TAX REFORM UPDATE
It has been nearly ten months since passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and fortunately there has been some clarifying law changes and published guidance from the IRS. Now that this additional information is available it is time to assess how these new rules affect 2018 taxes and consider appropriate year-end tax planning strategies.This update will cover the following corporate tax topics:
- 20% pass through business deduction
- Bonus depreciation and asset expensing elections
- Interest deduction limitations
- International tax considerations
- Meals and entertainment rules
- Net operating loss rules modifications
- Accounting method changes
- Choice of entity issues
- Individual tax considerations
REVENUE RECOGNITION UPDATE
Nonpublic entities reporting under US GAAP are required to apply the revenue standard for annual periods beginning after December 15, 2018. The new revenue recognition standard outlines a single, comprehensive model for accounting for revenue from customer contracts. This seminar will cover:
- Discover the many ways that revenue recognition practices will be changing following the adoption of ASC 606.
- Hear firsthand accounts of the challenges that public companies faced (and lessons learned) when adopting the new guidelines.
- Appreciate the tax and compensation implications of adopting ASC 606 – it’s way more than an accounting exercise!
- Identify the action steps your organizations should be taking today to comply with the new revenue rules.
Join Herbein+Company, Inc. for a Tax and Accounting seminar on Wednesday October 3, 2018 at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Reading. The Herbein presenters along with special guest Scott Ehrlich, will provide up to date advice on the effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, as well as the new Revenue Recognition standards, and will offer suggestions for what you can do now to get the most out these new rules.
Scott Ehrlich started Mind the GAAP in 2002 to develop the highest quality, best-in-class accounting and controllership training. Scott is a technical expert on U.S. and international accounting principles.
OCTOBER 3, 2018
As an effort to attract the right audience for each session, we have broken up the day as follows:
Registration: 8 :00am- 8:30am
Revenue Recognition: 8:30am - 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Tax Update: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Cocktail Reception: 3:30pm - 4:30p.m.
DoubleTree by Hilton: 701 Penn Street I Reading, PA 19601
- Who Should Attend: business owners, CFOs, controllers, and financial officers.
- Each registration will need to select which session you will attend: Revenue Recognition, lunch, Tax, and cocktail reception. Feel free to attend one, two or all!
- Free parking in the DoubleTree parking garage
- CPE Credits: Revenue Recognition (4), and Tax update (2.5)
- Questions? Email Amy Klatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.