TAX & CYBER SECURITY SEMINAR
OCTOBER 18, 2018
Join Herbein + Company, Inc. for a Tax and Cyber Security Update on October 18, 2018 at the Brookside Country Club in Pottstown. The Herbein presenters along with our subsidiary FOS (Financial Outsourcing Solutions), will provide up to date information on the effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, as well as a cyber security update. REGISTER TODAY.
CORPORATE TAX REFORM UPDATE
It has been nearly ten months since passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and fortunately there has been some clarifying law changes and published guidance from the IRS. Now that this additional information is available it is time to assess how these new rules affect 2018 taxes and consider appropriate year-end tax planning strategies.This update will cover the following corporate tax topics:
- 20% pass through business deduction
- Bonus depreciation and asset expensing elections
- Interest deduction limitations
- International tax considerations
- Meals and entertainment rules
- Net operating loss rules modifications
- Accounting method changes
- Choice of entity issues
- Individual tax considerations
CYBER SECURITY UPDATE
The age of digital transformation is here and there is no denying that cyber attacks are on the rise. The Internet Crime Complaint Center within the United States Department of Justice recorded 298,728 cybersecurity-related complaints in its most recent report, with reported losses in excess of $1.3 billion. Is your business prepared?
- The average cost of a data breach worldwide is more than $3.5 million and cyber crime is projected to cost the world over $6 trillion annually by 2021
- 60% of companies go out of business within six months of an attack, due to costs or loss of reputation
- 90% of small businesses don’t use any data protection at all for company and customer information
OCTOBER 18, 2018
Registration: 12 :30pm - 1:00pm
Seminar: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Cocktail Reception: 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Brookside Country Club: 850 N Adams Street I Pottstown, PA 19464
*REQUIRED Registration by October 8th
- Who Should Attend: business owners, CFOs, controllers, and financial officers.
- CPE Credits: 2 hours tax, 2 hours other
- Questions? Email Amy Klatt at email@example.com.