2022 Food & Ag Summit: Keynote
Our Annual 2022 Food & Ag Summit kicks off on Thursday, May 26 with an in-person event focused on one of the industry’s main challenges – the workforce. We will begin the event with a keynote presentation from Dr. Gary Kustis of Watterson & Associates, Inc., and conclude with a keynote discussion featuring food & ag industry gurus. This is a must-attend event designed for business owners, corporate executives and knowledge leaders from food and agricultural companies. Register here.
2022 Food & Ag Summit Agenda
- Registration: 2:30 p.m.
- Presentations: 3:00 p.m.
- Session 1 - Keynote Presentation: What’s So Funny About Peace, Love, and Finding the Right Employee?
- Session 2 - A Keynote Discussion Featuring Food & Ag Industry Gurus
- Networking Cocktail Hour: 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Reserve your spot today
This year’s keynote speaker is Gary Kustis, PhD. of Watterson & Associates, Inc. Dr. Kustis is nationally renowned for his experience in guiding businesses through the critical skill of employee selection. In his keynote, “What’s So Funny About Peace, Love, and Finding the Right Employee?,” Dr. Kustis will examine the ins and outs of the most consequential decisions your business can make – hiring the right people. Making the right call can be the difference between driving your organization forward or, in extreme cases, underwater. Dr. Kustis will provide insights into how food & ag companies can be thoughtfully strategic about the hiring process – from management to line workers. Attendees will learn about:
- The state of hiring and retention today
- Organizational psychology – an introduction
- Using personality testing
- Effectiveness of different selection methods
- Using ability testing
- Legal aspects of testing
- Tips for retaining employees
The keynote panel will share their insights and experiences, answering popular questions on what the last two years has changed in hiring, retention and the legal aspects of employment. The panelists will share practical ideas and input on the tough questions and issues facing the industry going forward.
Our panelists will include:
- Debra A. Antol, Vice President of Human Resources, Sweet Street Desserts
- Corinne Pinto, Sr. Director of Human Resources, Bell & Evans
- Gary Kustis, PhD., Partner & Sr. Consultant, Watterson & Associates, Inc.