We value our long-term relationships and pride ourselves on fresh ideas, proactive advice and practical solutions.
Mark R. Shellenberger, CPA, MBA joined Herbein + Company, Inc. in 2001. His tenure as a partner began in 2005, and in 2023, he retired from the partnership to become a senior consultant in our tax department.
Mark has over 25 years of public accounting experience with 12 of those years at national firms. His broad range of tax work includes individual and corporate tax planning and preparation, client representation before federal, state and local taxing authorities, natural resources taxation, state and local taxation, pass-through entities and venture capital funds.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- International Tax
- Merger and Acquisition
- State and Local Tax
- Tax Planning
Education & Certifications
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown – B.A. in Business/Economics – Concentration in Accounting
- University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business, MBA – Finance and Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- AICPA Tax Section – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Pittsburgh Latin American Cultural Union – Member
- Pittsburgh Brazilian Community Network – Member
- St. Paul’s United Church of Christ – Member