We value our long-term relationships and pride ourselves on fresh ideas, proactive advice and practical solutions.
Alan C. Wecht, CPA has more than 35 years of tax and public accounting experience. His background includes two years with the tax department of a "Big 4" accounting firm prior to joining the tax department of Gable Peritz Mishkin, LLP in 1985, and then merged into Herbein + Company, Inc.
Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of morals is mere cant. Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F.2d 848, 851 (2d Cir. 1947) - dissenting opinion; Judge Learned Hand
Alan is an active member of the tax professional community as shown through membership in the American Institute, Pennsylvania Institute and New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and Montgomery County Bar Associations, the American Association of Attorney Certified Public Accountants, and the tax divisions of the Philadelphia and Montgomery County Bar Associations. He also obtained a post graduate degree in taxation from Temple University School of Law.
Practical experience includes a broad range of areas of taxation affecting businesses, individuals and fiduciaries. Types of taxes dealt with include income, estate and gift, and excise imposed by federal, state and local tax authorities. Alan's focus involves planning and assisting clients in implementing tax aspects of their transactions in order to maximize their benefits. Representation before taxing authorities in audits and other matters as well as assisting clients to comply with tax reporting obligations is another important phase of his service to clients.
Alan has published articles and conducted seminars regarding various areas of taxation, including income tax for nurses, Pennsylvania sales and use tax, charitable trust planning, and updates on new tax laws. He also spoke to employees of Cisco regarding tax planning for stock options and published an article on year-end tax planning in SBN Magazine.
- Real Estate
- Estate and Retirement Planning
- State and Local Tax
- Tax Planning
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Temple University (B.B.A.) magna cum laude 1979
- Temple University (J.D.) 1982
- Temple University (LL.M. in Taxation) 1986
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Montgomery County Estate Planning Council - Member
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member tax section
- Philadelphia Bar Association - Member tax section