Thomas L. Bakaitus, Jr.
Focus on client service, enjoy client service and all the rest will fall into place.
Thomas L. Bakaitus, Jr., CPA, MST serves as the partner-in-charge of all aspects of Herbein’s Western Pennsylvania operations. He became a partner in 2001 and is currently Operating Officer of Herbein + Company and Assistant Secretary of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Tom’s experience includes individual, partnership and corporate tax planning and preparation and client representation before federal, state and local taxing authorities. He also has specialized experience in consulting partnerships, corporations and start-up companies. Areas where he has worked extensively include construction, affordable housing, manufacturing and healthcare. Most recently, Tom was named the 2011 Alumnus of the Year at California University of Pennsylvania College of Liberal Arts, and also a Pittsburgh 2010 and 2011 5-Star Wealth Manager Individual Tax.
Education and Certifications
- California University of Pennsylvania – B.A. in Administration and Management/Concentration in Accounting
- Duquesne University – Masters in Taxation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny Tax Society – Member and Past President
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
Tom enjoys traveling, golf, theatre and wine.
- The Herbein Team
Best Things About Herbein
The tremendous respect for each other within the partner group.