Ronald W. Mong
“Drink your milk” - Mom
Ronald W. Mong, CPA joined Herbein in 1998. He leads our dairy consulting practice and much of our dairy regulatory work. Ron has milk accounting experience with dairies located and doing business in every Federal Order in the United States. His work has included numerous assignments to train dairy accountants, and to serve as an interim milk accountant for clients during periods of unexpected absences of key employees.
Ron has developed numerous spreadsheets and templates to assist dairies with their report preparation. This experience includes analysis and explanation of Producer Settlement Fund invoices, cooperative milk invoicing and settlements, and other milk accounting areas. He is also a frequent instructor in the dairy industry having taught dairy seminars in more than fifteen states. Ron has adapted the dairy accounting training to be taught on-line. In the last three years he has taught more than 20 webinars.
Education and Certifications
- Pennsylvania State University – B.S. Degree in Accounting, High Distinction (1977)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Dairy Industry Association of Western Pennsylvania – Board Secretary
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Manufacturer’s Association of Northwest Pennsylvania – Board of Governors & Insurance Committee
- National Ice Cream Mix Association – Board of Directors, Secretary-Treasurer
- Oil City Area Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors
- Oil City Housing Authority – Chairman of Board
- Pennsylvania Association of Milk Dealers – Board of Directors
- Venango County United Way – Board of Directors
Ron enjoys traveling with his wife and visiting his four children and grandchildren. He is a frequent speaker and teacher in his church.
- Penn State Football
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Home Repair
Best Things About Herbein
- Being part of a team that is the leader in dairy accounting.
- Having remarkable clients that ask us to help solve interesting problems.
- Teaching dairy accounting seminars