Robert M. Caster
There has always been a potential dark side inherent in business. My passion is to evaluate what’s happened so a proper course of action can be determined - those who are wronged should be made whole.
Robert M. Caster, CPA, CIRA, CFE, CFF is the Partner in charge of Herbein’s Forensic group which provides Litigation Support, Bankruptcy, Insolvency services and general Forensic Services to a variety of clients. Bob has worked on behalf of debtors, creditors’ committees, secured lenders, trustees, and individual creditors. He has provided litigation support services for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Bob has served many industry sectors including manufacturing, transportation, service, retail, real estate, and professional service firms. His services have frequently required testimony during depositions or at trial, and he has presented information and financial analysis to creditor committees and others over the course of his career. Bob has been appointed as a Bankruptcy Examiner by former Judge Thomas Twardowski and by Judge Bruce Fox in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, as well as by Judge John Thomas in the Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Bob has also served as a court appointed Receiver in the Common Pleas Court of Pennsylvania.
Education and Certifications
- Temple University – BBA, Accounting
- New York University – MBA, Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Insolvency Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) – Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors – Member
- Easy Does It, Inc. – Treasurer
- Jewish Federation of Reading – Board Member and Officer
- Kesher Zion Synagogue – Board Member + Finance Committee
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Committee on Insolvencies and Reorganizations – Past Statewide Chairman
- PICPA Forensic + Litigation Support Committee – Statewide Chairman + Member
- PICPA Forensic + Litigation Support Conference – December 2004, 2005 and 2006 – Co-Chairman
- PKF North America – Firm Member
- The Turnaround Management Association – Member
- The American Bankruptcy Institute – Member
Bob enjoys attending cultural events and spending time with his family.
- New York Yankees
Best things about Herbein
Level of professionalism and camaraderie across all personnel levels.