Robert F. Firely
"We measure our success by the success of our clients."
Robert F. Firely, Jr., CPA, CGMA is the Partner in charge of Herbein’s accounting and auditing department. He is responsible for all aspects of services provided to clients in the service manufacturing, and wholesale distribution industries, as well as to nonprofits, colleges and local governments.
Bob is partner in charge of Herbein’s quality control system. As such he is responsible for establishing and maintaining policies and procedures that ensure financial statements audited, reviewed, or compiled by the firm are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
Bob provides management advisory services. Bob has performed various consulting projects including regulatory projects, industry benchmarking studies, economic impact engagements, product costing, gross margin studies, feasibility analyses, and fraud investigations.
Education and Certifications
- Pennsylvania State University – B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania and New York
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Allinial Global – Firm Member; Accounting and Auditing Committee – Past Chair (2012-2014)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member of Council (2013-2017); Practice Advisory Group – Member (2015 – current)
- Family Guidance Center – Past Board President
- Greater Reading Chamber and Economic Development Corporation – Vice Chair (2016-current)
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Member (2010 – Present); Chairman of the Board (2015 – 2017); Audit Committee Chair (2010 – 2012); Past Treasurer
- Greater Reading Young Professionals – Management Advisory Board
- Institute of Management Accountants – Past Member
- John Paul II Center – Finance Committee Member
- Junior Achievement of Berks County – Past Classroom Consultant
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Past President; Member; Member of Council; PICPA Foundation – Board of Directors (2016-present); Education Committee; Vice Chair: Annual Fundraising luncheon
- Reading Area Community College, Accounting Advisory Committee – Member (2007-present)
- Reading Chapter of the PICPA School and College Committee – Past Member
- Reading Royals Charity Foundation – Past Treasurer
Bob enjoys travel, fitness and reading.
- Penn State Nittany Lions
- Philadelphia Eagles
Best things about Herbein
People and the opportunities available for personal and professional growth.