Michael J. Rowley
Chief Operating Officer
Don’t be afraid to take a stand, and don’t be afraid to change direction when necessary.
Michael J. Rowley, CPA/ABV, CVA, CFF currently serves as the Chief Operating Officer of Herbein + Company, Inc., a regional certified public accounting firm headquartered in Reading with additional offices in Pittsburgh and Greensburg. Mike began his career at Herbein + Company, Inc. in 1979 and prior to that spent 3 years at a national accounting firm.
Mike also serves as Partner in Charge of the firm’s Management Advisory Services group, specializing in business valuations of closely-held businesses and litigation support engagements. Mike is experienced in identifying and determining the valuation approach appropriate for each valuation situation. These valuations have been in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions, buy/sell agreements, divorce proceedings, shareholder disputes, estate/gift tax and planning, split ups/spin-offs, charitable contributions, ESOP’s, fair value measurement, and intangible asset valuations. Mike has also assisted clients on succession planning matters.
Education and Certifications
- The Pennsylvania State University – B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) – National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Allinial Global – Firm Member; Large Firm Task Force – Chairman; Firm Management Committee – Chairman
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Berks County Workforce Investment Board – Board of Directors
- Muhlenberg School District Foundation – Treasurer
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- PICPA, Reading Chapter – Member
- Penn State Berks Business Advisory – Member
- The Institute of Business Appraisers, Inc. – Member
Mike enjoys attending his sons’ sporting events.
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Syracuse, Duke, and Wake Forest
Best things about Herbein
Family-friendly environment where you can achieve your goals.