Michael J. Malinsky
When our clients succeed, we succeed
Michael J. Malinsky, CPA, CGMA is a Senior Manager focused on leveraging his over 20 years of experience in accounting and auditing for his clients.
A key member of Herbein’s Asset Based Field Examinations team, Michael has been involved in the majority of field examinations in Western Pennsylvania. He is able to combine his audit experience and general business acumen to provide meaningful reports.
Michael is a member of the Herbein + Company, Inc. Technology Cornerstone Committee as well as the Client Service Cornerstone Committee. Michael’s experience includes working with both nonprofit and for-profit entities, assisting them in their audit compliance needs, special consulting needs, and a variety of other areas. Michael takes great pride in building long-term relationships with his clients and serving as a valued member of their advisory team.
Education and Certification
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Penn State Erie – The Behrend College B.S. in Accounting
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Association for Corporation Growth – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- Vice President, Executive Committee, Pittsburgh Chapter
- Relations with Schools and Colleges Committee, Pittsburgh Chapter – Co-Chair
- Budget and Finance Committee
Mike enjoys DIY projects and cooking. He is also currently the president of the Montour Band Parents Association, which supports the Montour High School Marching Band, of which his daughter is a member.