John T. Pagerly
Chief Financial Officer
It takes a good crew working together to sail a ship to victory, or guide our clients to success.
John T. Pagerly, CPA joined Herbein in 1981 and has served as a Partner in the accounting and audit department since 1995. In 2010 he was elected as the firm’s Chief Financial Officer.
John’s primary areas of expertise are related to senior housing, manufacturing, wholesaling, hotels and audits of pension plans. He also specializes in projections and forecasts related to business acquisitions and start-ups.
Education and Certifications
- Shippensburg University – B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center – Contact Partner
- Berks County Chamber Small Business Committee – Past Chairperson
- Berks Community Television – Treasurer and Show Host
- Berks County Solid Waste Authority –Treasurer
- PICPA – Member, Committee on Legislation and CPA-PAC Board
- PICPA, Reading Chapter – Past President
John enjoys golfing, sailing and traveling.
- Penn State football
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Philadelphia Eagles
Best things about Herbein
Everyone is treated like a professional – We have a family-oriented culture.