Joel S. Kunkel
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
Joel S. Kunkel, CPA joined Herbein + Company, Inc. in 1984 and was named Partner in 1998. He currently serves as the Partner-in-Charge of Herbein’s Western Pennsylvania Nonprofit/Government Practice.
In addition to his nonprofit/government work, Joel has specialized knowledge in the retail/convenience store industry, dairy and food processing, wholesale and distribution. Some of the services he can provide include special operational audits, employee benefit consulting services and pension and profit sharing plan auditing.
Education and Certifications
- Bloomsburg University – B.S. Degree in Accounting, Magna Cum Laude
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Advisor to a variety of charitable organizations
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Church Treasurer and Council Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
Joel enjoys attending his children’s sporting events.
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
Best Things About Herbein
This is truly a culture where professional lives and family are very important.