James H. Nehr
James H. Nehr, CPA joined Herbein in 2008 with years of experience from regional certified public accounting firms. Jim’s specialization focuses on tax compliance and transactional tax planning services delivered to many of the firm’s clients in a broad range of industries. Jim is well-versed in multi-state tax issues including determination of nexus.
Jim is also a graduate of the Leadership Berks program (June 2006). He remains active with the group and has served on the organization’s Finance Committee.
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) -Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Millersville University- B.A. Degree in Economics (1978)
- Philadelphia University– M.S. Degree in Taxation (2001)
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Leadership Berks – Graduate (June 2006); Finance Committee
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member
- PICPA, Reading Chapter – Member
- PICPA State Tax Committee – Member
- Reading/Berks Habitat for Humanity – former Board Member
Jim has played guitar professional in several bands.