Christopher M. Turtell
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
Christopher M. Turtell, CPA is a Partner who joined Herbein in 2002. He began his career in the Audit department at Herbein + Company, Inc. upon graduating from Elizabethtown College.
As a Partner in the Accounting and Auditing Department, he is responsible for leading audit engagements with a specialty in local governments including compliance with Uniform Grant Guidance requirements.
Chris is a frequent speaker at the PICPA School District and Local Government Conferences as well as the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials annual conference. He also helps develop and present in-house and client seminars on emerging industry issues and best practices. Additionally, Chris is heavily involved in the firms quality control process for internal inspections and peer reviews.
Education and Certifications
- Elizabethtown College– B.S. Degree in Accounting (2002)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) -Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Organizations and Leadership
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce – 2014 Rising Star Award Recipient
- Home Health Care Management – Board Member and Finance Committee; Executive Committee Member
- Junior Achievement – Former Classroom Consultant
- Leadership Berks – 2008 Graduate
- Opportunity House – Finance Committee – Past Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member;
- PICPA, Reading Chapter – Member; Emerging CPAs Committee – Past Chair; PICPA relations with High School and Colleges Committee – Member; PICPA “40 under 40” – Member (2009)
Chris and his wife have watched a baseball game in 17 different major league stadiums on a quest to see them all. In July of 2008, they welcomed their first child Branden Robert, and in November of 2010 they welcomed their second child Andrew Michael.
Best things about Herbein
The teamwork and comradery of the staff to provide the best service possible to our clients.