Carolyn M. BryNildsen
“You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That is the mark of a true professional.” Joe Paterno
Carolyn M. BryNildsen, CPA, CFE joined Herbein in 2003 and is a senior manager in the accounting and auditing department. Carolyn works with a variety of clients including manufacturing, service, and financial institutions. She is also extremely active with the firm’s employee benefit plan audit group.
Prior to Herbein, Carolyn worked in the finance industry. Her experience has helped her become a key member of the Financial Institution Service Team. She provides asset based lending services, audit services and various consulting services to financial institutions.
Education and Certifications
- Bloomsburg University – B.S. Degree in Accounting (1994)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) -Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) -Pennsylvania
- Allinial Global – Firm Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Member
- Conrad Weiser Little Scouts Football Association – Treasurer
- Hawk Mountain Spirit of Scouting Breakfast Committee – Former Member
- Leadership Berks – 2010 Graduate
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Member; PICPA Reading Chapter – Member; PICPA Employee Benefit Plan Committee- Member; PICPA Ethics Committee – Former Member; PICPA Peer Review Committee – Member
Carolyn enjoys doing fun activities with her husband and two sons, such as going to parks, hiking, and swimming.
- Penn State Football
- U.S. Olympic Swim and Gymnastic teams
- Finding ways to make my kids laugh
Best Thing About Herbein
This is a pro-family environment. What I appreciate most, as a working mother, is the flexibility in scheduling and work-load to help achieve a healthy work/life balance.