Josh Pollet presents at National Tax and Accounting Conference
Herbein’s Josh Pollet presents at National Tax and Accounting Conference
Featured Speaker for the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives
Implementing a Paperless Office
On August 6, 2013, Herbein’s Josh Pollet presented at the 2013 National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC) National Tax and Accounting Conference (in Charleston, South Carolina) on Implementing a Paperless Office. The NSAC Tax and Accounting Conference for Cooperatives attracts professionals representing cooperative organizations throughout the nation each year.
Pollet’s presentation was focused on how to effectively implement a paperless office environment. The presentation included the following highlights:
- Several surveys and studies that were relative to the current use of paperless technology and public perceptions of that technology.
- Various types of hardware and software that are necessary for an organization to successfully implement a paperless environment as well as the capabilities of each one. Some examples of the hardware and software that were presented include adobe acrobat professional, document management systems, scanners, hard drives, and servers.
- Highlighted ways in which an organization could immediately decrease their use of paper and streamline processes such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing with virtually no monetary investment.
- The most successful way to implement the hardware, software and lifestyle changes of implementing a paperless office environment.
- Useful business applications for tablets and cell phones and how those applications can be utilized on a day to day basis.
The NSAC is a professional society, formed in 1936, comprised of more than 1,400 individual members actively involved with the financial management and planning of cooperative business. NSAC members include, but are not limited to, accountants, auditors, attorneys, bookkeepers, bankers, chief executive officers, chief financial officers, tax professionals and other finance, accounting and information technology professionals.
Stay tuned for upcoming presentations by Josh, or read more about him here: Josh Pollet Biography.