Herbein + Company, Inc. Announces Merger with Gable Peritz Mishkin
Reading, PA: January 8, 2018: (Reading, PA) Certified public accounting firm Herbein + Company, Inc. announces a merger with Gable Peritz Mishkin (GPM), a certified public accounting firm which has served the greater Philadelphia, PA region for nearly fifty years.
All five GPM partners will join Herbein as partners. The entire GPM team is anticipated to join Herbein and begin operating as Herbein + Company, Inc. immediately. The GPM team will continue practicing from their current Spring House, PA and Marlton, NJ offices.
GPM Partners Joining Herbein:
- Thomas W. Masoero, CPA, CVA
- Kenneth S. Frebowitz, CPA
- Alan C. Wecht, CPA
- Regina C. O’Keefe, CPA, CVA
- Frank E. O’Brien, CPA, MT
Herbein sought this strategic merger for several key reasons:
- GPM offices in Spring House, PA and Marlton, NJ will become Herbein’s easternmost locations and will provide the base for geographic expansion throughout the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey markets.
- GPM’s strong experience in real estate, construction, nonprofits, healthcare, and service providers is complementary to Herbein’s current specialty areas.
- GPM’s tax, estate, audit, litigation support, business valuation, and advisory service experience will further strengthen Herbein’s ability to serve clients throughout a larger geographic footprint.
Leaders from both firms are excited at the opportunities this merger presents.
Michael J. Rowley, CPA/ABV, CVA, CFF, Chief Operating Officer of Herbein + Company, Inc., states, “Adding all five GPM partners and the entire GPM team is a great move for Herbein as we expand geographically. Growth creates opportunities, and we are focused on smart growth for our clients and our team members. We believe Herbein and GPM share similar philosophies and practices regarding client service and firm culture, which we anticipate will make this merger successful for our teams and our clients.”
Thomas W. Masoero, CPA, CVA, Partner at Gable Peritz Mishkin, states, “Joining Herbein + Company, Inc. will further opportunities for our clients and our staff. Joining a larger firm will provide significant advantages in technology, recruitment, and operations. Herbein’s dedication to client service was a significant influencer for this merger, and we believe this will be a seamless transition for our clients.”
Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. The deal is expected to position Herbein + Company, Inc. as a Top 115 firm in the country as ranked by revenue.
With the addition of 24 GPM team members and 20 other confirmed new hires in January, Herbein’s total headcount will top the 200 mark for the first time in firm history.
Herbein’s key niche focus areas include the following:
- Ag/Food Dairy
- Wholesale Trade
- Real Estate
- Banks and Finance
- Professional Services